Personalized Guidance Through All Steps of the Bankruptcy Process
You Deserve Financial Stability from Video Hosting on Vimeo.
Everyone deserves financial stability. I founded Maxwell Law on the idea that all New Mexicans’ should have easy, affordable, and competent representation, should they find themselves in the position where they need to file a bankruptcy.
I make it easy for you to communicate with my office. I am always available, and you can communicate with me through paper, email, or even your phone. I was born and raised in Albuquerque, NM and I’ve almost exclusively been practicing in bankruptcy law since I passed the bar in 2006.
I continue to be an active member on the board of directors of the bankruptcy section of the New Mexico state bar association. I’m also active in providing pro-bono and reduced fee services for clients who need it. The fees I charge are based on your particular situation.
If you need help, I can look at your situation and we can talk about your options. The first consultation is free, and payment plans are available.
Feel free to call me or use the easy online scheduler.
Pricing For Debtors
It seems counterintuitive, right? How can I pay an attorney when I’m in financial trouble? We get that and we have ways to help. Here are some of them:
- Your 1-hour initial consultation is free. We will do a custom analysis of your financial situation and leave you with concrete options and a strategy to move forward. Come and see what we can do to help.
- If we can help, you can hire the firm for a minimum down payment of just $250.
- You can pay for your bankruptcy over time with a small payment on payday (as little as $25/week)
- Is a friend or family member willing to help? That can be an option, let’s talk.
- Is a ton of your money paying creditors to keep up? Let’s look at your budget and make our fees work for you.
We prefer cash, money order, or other readily available funds. We also accept personal checks but your case cannot be filed until the funds have cleared your bank. We can accept Debit Cards, but not Credit Cards (you can’t incur debt to pay for a bankruptcy).
But What’s the Total Cost?
Every person’s financial circumstances are unique. At your consultation, we will do a custom analysis of your situation, including costs. In the New Mexico market, most consumer bankruptcy cases have an up-front cost of between $500 and $2,500.
It could be more than that if you have complicated circumstances. It could be less than that.
We offer limited need-based pro bono services on a case-by-case basis.