Estate Plans Can Include These Services
An estate plan is a set of instructions and legal documents. Your estate plan will include your will and several essential documents. I make sure that you have the necessary documents. I can ensure that your will is complete and addresses all concerns for your estate and family. Listed below are some of the documents that may be part of your plan.
Your will is a good start for drafting an estate plan. A will defines how to divide your assets. Your will specifies a guardian or guardians for your children.
Trusts & Kids Protection Plans
ensuring assets are set aside and guardians set in place so your children’s wellbeing isn’t left to the courts. A trust is another method of estate transfer. Trusts are often combined with a will. Two common types of trusts:
- Caring for minor children.
- Special needs trusts for dependents with disabilities.
Powers of Attorney
A power of attorney is necessary if you become unable to make decisions yourself. Several types of power of attorney:
- A financial power of attorney.
- A health care power of attorney.
- An advance healthcare directive, also known as a living will.
Once Your Estate Plan is Complete – Store Your Estate Plan Documents
- Keep your documents together.
- Inform your attorney and executor of the location of your documents.
- Create electronic copies and store them.
Creating an estate plan for a family with young children is complex. Each family is unique. No two estate plans will be the same. I help you find the best options for your situation. I have the knowledge and experience to help you create the right plan for your loved ones.
Three Levels of Planning
Protecting New Mexico Families
Estate Planning at my firm is not one plan for all situations. I offer different levels of planning to fit your needs. There are starter plans for young families that are getting started. Families concerned with asset protection, wealth growth, and preservation need more complex plans.
My plans are effective and affordable. At your consultation, we will review what plans fit you based on your budget and needs. I craft a plan that ensures your family has somewhere to turn if something happens to you. This is real security for your family’s future.
There is no one size fits all. I educate you on your options. I help you make an informed choice that is best for your loved ones.
I provide personalized service for each of my clients. My approach is educational and proactive. Together we determine the specifics of your family circumstances. I have the knowledge and experience to guide in selecting the plan that aligns with your needs.
- traditional two parent families or single parents wishing to provide for and protect their children and themselves;
- unmarried couples who are either solidifying their relationship through proper planning or dissolving their relationship with the assistance of caring counsel;
- blended families negotiating the challenges of creating new relationships with varying expectations;
- families with special needs looking to ensure that their children with special needs will be taken care of and able to continue to receive government assistance;
- high net worth families seeking strategies for minimizing estate and income taxes;
- family business owners seeking ways to protect and expand their companies and considering how and when to transition to the next generation of ownership;
- estate executors and beneficiaries navigating the court process of probate administration;
family members or trustees carrying out the legacy left behind through a trust administration.
Ensure Your Plan Is Current
I set up schedules to ensure that your plan is up to date. Your life situation and finances are always changing. It is important to make sure your plan is current with your situation. I am here to serve your whole family. This includes many generations of the same family.